Renuka Singh Thakur is an young and talented right arm medium pacer of Indian women’s cricket team. She is from Himachal Pradesh. When Renuka was 3 years old, her father passed away, he wanted Renuka to become a cricketer. She fulfilled her father’s dream by working hard, and got selected for the Indian national team.
Renuka Singh Thakur Early Life
- Renuka was born on 1 February 1996 in Himachal Pradesh. Her father was Kehar Singh Thakur and her mother is Sunita Thakur. She also has a brother named as Vinod Thakur.
- Renkua was only three years old when her father died. After the death of her father, her mother Sunita Thakur worked very hard to raise Renuka & Vinod.
- Her elder brother Vinod Thakur inspired Renuka to play cricket. In childhood, Renuka used to play cricket with boys. Slowly after that, her interest in cricket started to increase.
|NAME||RENUKA SINGH THAKUR|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1st FEBRUARY 1996|
|HOME TOWN||HIMACHAL PRADESH|
|FATHER||KEHAR SINGH THAKUR|
Renuka Singh Thakur Cricket Career
- In the year 2009, at the age of 14, she went to Himachal Pradesh Cricket Academy and gave a trial. There she was selected.
- A few years later, Renuka got a chance to play for the domestic team of Himachal Pradesh. There she performed well in junior and senior category.
- In 2019, Renuka was selected in the India A team. She took a brilliant hat-trick against Karnataka in a Under -19 match, and became the only woman cricketer from Himachal Pradesh to do so.
- In October 2021, Renuka played her first WT20 International match against Australia. She made her WODI debut in next ODI series against New Zealand.
- Ever since her debut in international cricket, Renuka has gradually taken her bowling skills to another level. Presently she is an important member of the Indian women’s cricket team.
- The Barmingham Commonwealth Games 2022, was a turning point in Renuka’s cricket career. In the Commonwealth Games in 2022, she took a total of 11 Wickets and helped India to reach the final. Renuka was the highest wicket taker of the tournament.
- In a league math against Australia in the commonwealth games, she took 4 wickets for 18 runs. This was a brilliant exhibition of swing bowling.
3 Interesting Facts About Renuka Singh Thakur
1. On September 2022 in a WODI series against England Women’s Renuka took two consecutive four wicket hauls in two matches.
2. In the Commonwealth Games 2022 against Australia at Barmingham Renuka took four wickets in a WT20I match, but despite her brilliant performance India lost the match by three wickets. So far, this was the 6th best bowling performance for a loosing side.
3. In 2022 by Renuka took 18 wickets in WODIs at an average of 14.88 and 22 wickets in WT20 cricket at an average of 23.95. For this outstanding performance she was awarded as Emerging Women’s Cricketer of Year 2022 by ICC.
Miscellaneous Queries about Renuka Singh Thakur
1. Renuka Singh Thakur husband
So far Renuka is unmarried.
2. Renuka Singh Thakur jersey number
Renuka wears number 10 jersey in WODI & WT2OI.
3. Renuka Singh Thakur age
At present, Renuka is 27 year’s old.
Renuka Sing Thakur is a very talented player. She will undoubtedly make Indian cricket enriched in future.